Sunday, July 4, 2010

Upcycled Mexican door

Cristy and I recently finished a project, creating a table to complement the comfy little seating space in our bedroom.








This project was inspired 100% by bloggers. Design bloggers rock!

The original concept from Krisel Keeper's upcycled DIY bench, and the adorable striped rug as a table accessory plus the seagrass rug for the floor from Joni at Cote De Texas.
I purchased the aged wooden door from Adkins Architectural Antiques in Houston and they did a bit of very professional carpentry work for me since the size of the original was larger than I could accommodate in this room.
The raw steel table legs were easy to install from Hairpin Legs.
I know, we need some curtains at the windows. But one thing at a time. ...

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the primitive stuff. Thanks for inviting me over. I tried to visit the other day and could not get in... hope all is well on your side of the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it looks great!!!!!!! thanks for showing me this. makes me want to copy your idea!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOD.

    I could live in this room FOREVER!

    LOVE the distressed table!

    X

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Passionate about shoes, serenity, chocolate, innovation, fireflies, community service, creative expression, tolerance and love.

Lovely blogs

search